Did you know that PubMed can help you quickly find the commercial and generic names of a drug, as well as its drug classification? Well, it can!
(1) Connect to the MeSH Database in the blue left margin of PubMed
(2) Type in the name of a drug (ie, Tylenol)
(3) The MeSH database result for your search should bring up the drug information (ie, Acetaminophen is the listed result when I typed in Tylenol)
(4) Scroll further down the page, and below the Entry Terms section are the synonyms for the drug.
(5) Scroll to the very bottom of the record to see the drug classification that the substance falls under (ie, Acetanilides)
(6) If you click on that drug classification, you will get a listing of other drugs in that same family
So the next time you're near a computer and need quick access to general drug definition and classification, remember to look it up in the MeSH Database!