Who doesn't love a game to ease the bitter pill of learning how to read ECGs? The Six Second ECG Dynamic Cardiac Rhythm Simulator was created by SkillStat Learning, Inc.
This learning tool provides a way to "Explore. Review. Play" as their site describes. Contents cover:
- Twenty-two of the most common cardiac rhythms (lead ii)
- Watch, listen and read dynamic rhythms that you can freeze and resume
The best way to explore this site:
(1) Click on any of the name of any rhythm
(2) Click on the yellow "Start" button on the top right to listen to that rhythm and see it dynamicly scroll across the screen. Information appears at the bottom blue section describing the rhythm.
(3) Use the aqua "Freeze" button to stop the scrolling. Press the "Start" button to resume sound and scrolling.
(4) The red "Game" button tests your knowledge.
(5) The green "Settings" button lets you set the time allotted per question and the audio and motion options.
(6) Clicking on the orange "Learn" button is equivalent to the Home button to return you to the silent homepage of the site.
Thank you to Clinton Pong, a reader of this blog, and student at the John A. Burns School of Medicine at the University of Hawaii, Manoa, for recommending this ECG learning game.